Requesting an invitation letter to assist your visa application
Some ETAPS attendees might need to request a visa in order to enter Cyprus. The ETAPS organisers are willing to support this official procedure by issuing invitation letters for ETAPS participants. Participants from the USA, Australia, Canada and Western Europe do not need a passport visa to travel to Cyprus. The list of countries whose nationals require a visa to visit Cyprus can be found here. If a visa is required for your country, then please visit the URL in order to find out your nearest Cypriot consulate or embassy.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR TRAVELERS: Schengen Visa is not valid for Cyprus.
If you need a visa, please send an email to the ETAPS Organisers (annap[AT]cs.ucy.ac.cy ) with the subject line "visa letter request". You should ensure that at least the following information is included for each participant:
Visa letters will only be issued to:
- First name(s):
- Passport Number:
- Paper title:
- Method by which you require the letter: fax and/or email of scan and/or snail mail
Visa letters will state only the following facts:
- All Speakers / Presenters
- Scientific Committee Members (SC, PC, chairs, etc.) and other Distinguished Researchers recommended by the ETAPS SC
- Attendees who have paid their registration fee in full.
- The personal details of the participant (that you specify in your email).
- Conference title, dates and location.
- The requester has paid the required registration fee in full.